- Huge rise in popularity of Social Media –It is predicted that 27.7 million people in the UK will be using social media in 2013.
That means that some if not a lot of your customers will be using the medium so you need to too or you are going to loose business as if you are not on customers may use your competitors instead.
2. Awareness – Social Media and in particular Twitter is a great way of increasing awareness of your business to new customers. I have worked with customers across a range of sectors and it doesn’t matter what the business is Twitter has brought them new business.
3. Customer Testimonials – Customer Testimonials work really well in any communications. This is also the case for Social Media and build trust in you as a business. People buy from people.
4. Sell your Products – Social Media won’t just raise awareness of your products it will actually result in sales. Bright Light Marketing know this from personal experience and also has worked with many businesses who have found the same to be true. From retailers to professional services to tourism businesses.
5. Showcase your business with photos – Photos sell and social media is a great way to show photos of not just your business but also your team members and as a result sell your business.
6. Recruitment Campaign – Social Media is a great way of recruiting new staff and promoting job opportunities within your company and far cheaper than advertising.
7. Learn from others – No business is an island and we can all learn from each other and social media is a great way of learning from others businesses. You can learn not only about business but key current concerns for people and in this snowy weather weather and road updates. They appear on Twitter far quicker than on the news.
8. Extend your network – As well as learning from other businesses you will also extend your network if you use social media. LinkedIn is particularly good for this but Twitter is also very effective and this will result not only in increased awareness but also word of mouth referrals.
9. Customer Feedback – Customers trust companies who use social media and they will interact with you on all social media platforms so it is a great way of building up more knowledge about your customers and also regularly communicating with them.
10. Internal Communication – Bright Light Marketing work with a range of companies large and small and find that Social Media isn’t just an excellent way of keeping your customers up to date but also members of your team.
11. It’s Free – Using social media is time consuming but that is all, it’s a free medium that really works. So use it.
12. Showcase your Expertise – Social Media allows you to show why you are an expert at what you do on a daily basis and if you do so people will seek your advice so give it.
13. It’s Fun – Social Media is not just about business it’s about communicating with other like-minded people and I can guarantee that it’s fun to do. The only issue is that it gets a bit addictive! Or is that just me?
13 reasons that you should consider using Social Media in 2013.