Top 13 Predictions for 2013
- European Commission Predicts UK Recovery for 2013 – It’s only by 0.9% but growth it is, which has to be a positive and a reason for optimism as we start the New Year.
2. Continued Rise of Social Media in 2013 – It is predicted that 27.7 million people in the UK will be using social media in 2013. So get Facebooking, Tweeting and Linking in!
3. We will still be talking about the Weather – This is a very accurate prediction, it’s a national obsession but on the positive one reason for this is because summer 2013 is predicted to be hot, hot, hot. Can’t come quick enough for me!
4. Pictures Rock – There is a huge rise on photo sites such as Flikr, Instigram and Pininterest and this is because we like to see things visually. Good quality photos are of course a key selling point.
5. People trust Social Media – Research shows that people are more likely to trust companies who use social media and more importantly buy from them.
6. End of the X Factor – Yes after 10 years the X Factor is expected to get the axe. I am hoping that 2013 will see exciting new UK TV programmes not the same old! British TV has got a tad boring too much same old and TV series that have had their day! Lets see some new talent coming through.
7. Genuine and personal – The continued disillusionment with big brands will continue, people want to buy from authentic genuine companies and businesses need to get this across in their promotions.
8. Customer Service is key – People expect good customer service but don’t often get it so businesses that focus on this can really stand out from the crowd.
9. Continued demise of printed newspapers – Newspaper circulation has been falling year on year with a subsequent decrease in advertising sales. This is expected to continue in 2013 with more and more people consuming news on line and the continuing rise of citizen journalism.
10. Experience – People are less focused on consumer goods and more focused on the experience that they have. Businesses need to focus on this and make the experience that they give their customers extraordinary.
11. The mobile phone is King – More and more people are going to use their mobile phones for browsing and buying on line. Businesses need to make sure that their websites can be viewed by mobile devices.
12. Email is not dead – People have been predicting the end of emails. This may be the case in the future but at the moment emails are still a key communication tool and e – newsletters are an excellent way of communicating with your customers.
13. And my Mad Prediction–Andy Murray will win Wimbledon. It’s not too mad is it? And I’m hoping he will win the Australian and USA too. And even madder I will become a reformed shopper and shop in my wardrobe!